Step 1) installing dialup networking
1. The first thing you have to do is install Dial-up Networking itself. To do this double-click on the My Computer icon at the top of your desktop - you will be presented with a screen very similar to the one below.
2. Once you have this screen you should double-click the Dial-up Networking icon - if you have not installed it before you will be presented with the window shown below...
3. You should click install on this window. This will install Dial-up Networking onto your PC.
After Dial-up Networking is installed you will be presented with a warning that the phone book is empty, as shown below.
This leads us to the next stage.......
Step 2 - Configuring Dial-up Networking.
1. Click OK to add an entry - this will bring up the following screen.
2. This screen simply asks you to name your connection, you can call it anything you like but for convenience use the name of your ISP. After you have entered the name of the dial-up connection you should click the Next button. This will take you to the second stage of the wizard, as shown below
3. In this window you should click all three tickboxes. This is very important as it determines how details will be sent on to us when connecting. After you are finished with this screen you should again click the Next button which will take you to the following screen
4. In this screen you should enter the phone number you need to dial to connect to us. Click Next, this will take you to the following stage of the wizard.
5. This screen allows you to specify the type of protocol to use with this connection, you should check the Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) radio button as we do not support the SLIP protocol. Click Next, this will bring up the screen shown below.
6. This should be left on none. Click Next, this will bring up the next screen of the wizard.
7. This screen should be left as it is shown with four zero's. Click Next to bring up the next stage.
8. In this screen you should enter the DNS server address of 126.96.36.199 in the DNS Server box then click Next to bring up the next stage of the wizard as shown below.
9. On this screen you just click Next to finish the setup. After this you will be presented with a screen like the one below.
10. On this screen you should click the MORE button then select the Edit entry and modem properties entry as shown below.
11. After you have selected the Edit entry and modem properties option you will be presented with a screen on which you should click the tab that says SERVER as shown below.
12. You should make sure that the screen you have on screen is exactly as shown in the screenshot above then click TCP/IP SETTINGS, this will open the following screen.
13. When you open the PPP settings screen there will only be a single DNS server address in there - you should manually add the DNS Addresses of 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 as shown in the screenshot above. You then click the OK button until you are back to the screen where it says Dial at the bottom of the window. When you are back to this screen click DIAL, this will bring up the following screen.
14. It is VERY important to note that there should be nothing in the Domain: field, if there is anything entered in this field the connect attempt will fail. After clicking OK the modem or ISDN Terminal Adapter should dial and you should connect successfully to us.