1. From the Start menu, choose Control Panel.
Note:If you are running Windows XP in classic mode, your will need to select the Start menu, select Settings, then choose Control Panel
2. Click the Switch to Classic View icon.
3. Double-click the Network Connections icon.
4. Click the Create a new connection icon
5. Click the Next button.
6. Select Connect to the Internet.
7. Click the Next button.
8. Select Set up my connection manually.
9. Click the Next button.
10. Select Connect using a dial-up modem.
11. Click the Next button.
12. In the ISP Name field, type a name to identify your connection (ie. MY ISP).
13. Click the Next button.
14. In the Phone number field, type your local access number exactly as it needs to be dialed.
Note: If you require 10-digit dialing in order to access a local number, make sure to include your area code.
Note: Remember to check with your local telephone company to make sure that the number you choose is a local toll-free call.
15. Click the Next button.
16. In the User name field, type your dialup username.
17. In the Password field, type your password.
18. In the Confirm password field, type your password.
19. Uncheck the box next to Use this account name and password when anyone connects to the Internet from this computer.
20. Uncheck the box next to Make this the default Internet connection.
21. Uncheck the box next to Turn on Internet Connection Firewall for this connection.
22. Click the Next button.
23. Check the box next to Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop if you wish to have a shortcut to the connection on your desktop.
24. Click the Finish button.
You have successfully created a new dial up connection.